Traditional Plastering Services for Stockport and High Peak areas.
John Oldham Plastering provides a traditional plastering service throughout the Stockport areas of Cheshire, the High Peaks in Derbyshire and the Tameside areas of Gee Cross and Hyde. John specialises in domestic plastering and also provides a small building alterations, building maintenance and building repairs service too. Work is backed by £2M public liability insurance.
High Peak and Stockport plastering sevices include:
- Two coat plastering of brick and block walls
- Bonding plaster, Browning plaster and Hardwall plaster application.
- Re-skimming of walls and ceilings
- Plaster skimming of Artex ceilings
- Dry lining and studwork partitions
- Dot and dab fixing of plasterboard and skim
- Screw fixing of plasterboard and skim
- Plaster repairs / patchwork
- Fitting of Coving and Cornice
- Insurance work
- Small building alterations
- Building maintenance
- Building repairs
Good plastering practices always applied
PVA Bond or SBR Bonding is normally applied as a matter of course on all plastering jobs.
PVA Bond is a multi-purpose bonding agent, primer, sealer, cement and plaster admixture that adheres to most common building materials. Ideal for priming unsound surfaces prior to plastering or painting, for general dust sealing on flaking paintwork/walls etc.
SBR Bond is a latex based, water resistant bonding agent and admixture for use in areas subject to humidity, dampness and continuous water contact. It improves water resistance of mixtures by forming a reinforcing polymer that increases long term durability and flexibility.
Adhesive scrim joint tape is always used over joints and cracks and to join plasterboard edges. In certain cases, when necessary, stronger external render mesh may be used for added strength to a plaster repair.